Friday, December 26, 2008

Gravemarker


About a year ago my grandmother decided she wanted to spend an entire day with me and do whatever I wanted to do. To me this was a perfect time to go out and see things I may never see again, and what better way to capture what I saw than to draw it myself. That day I asked to go to the cemetary downtown, that is where I found this gorgeous gravemarker. It almost looks like marble and this one grave was completely surrounded by the most unique wrought iron fence. I just sat down and started drawing. I was mesmerized by the beauty of the old marker had to be, and how new it looked and the beauty of the fence that surrounded it. Only using a number 2 pencil I drew exactly what I saw as I sat across from this grave at an angle. Truly captivating.

No comments: