Friday, December 26, 2008

Renaissance Vampire


This renaissance inspired costume was made for my halloween party. I simply referred to a pattern for a renaissance maiden dress in the costume pattern book and put my own twist to outfit. I used a pure black polyester blend fabric for the skirt, sleeves and bodice (under the corset) and bought a polyester corset that was originally purple and attempted to dye it black. As you can tell really only the flowers at the top of the corser dyed and some of the floral print on the body of the corset was colored as well. The original pattern called for an under piece to be put under the sleeves so the holes would be less obvious but i figured since the goal was to look like a vampire and vampires are seductive a little skin would'nt hurt, so I left the sleeves open. The wrists of the sleeves are extrememly open, starting at the actual wrist and falling almost to the bottom of the skirt. Another fix that I made was instead of making an extremely full skirt with eight panels of fabric I decided to make a full skirt that would look nice not only with the rest of the outfit but also with my body so I decided to cut back to three panels of fabric for the skirt. Needless to say I finished my costume just minutes before my party started, lucky me.

No comments: